Looking for a fast, effective and affordable way to detox? Perhaps a coconut detox is right for you! People really benefit from its effective removal of parasites, harmful bacteria’s and viruses from our body. So why is a coconut detox so effective? It’s because coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides. These help to strengthen the immune system. It is also high in lauric and caprylic acid, which have antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial properties. Further, since it rids the body of harmful bacteria (while leaving healthy bacteria) it encourages a healthy gut by promoting flora in our digestive system.
Here are some other possible coconut oil detox benefits:
According to Dr. Fife’s book, Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut, coconut oil can :
- Improve brain health and mental clarity
- Improve digestive function
- Improve blood sugar control
- Prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS)
- Prevent cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Prevent cancer
- Boost HDL (good) cholesterol
- Boost energy levels
- Boost immune function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Protect and restore joint function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Protect against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections
How to Detox with a Coconut Oil Cleanse
Prepare your body: If you do regularly consume coconut oil in your daily diet, you should ramp up your coconut oil intake prior to starting the detox program. Do this by eating ½-1 teaspoon (3x daily) of coconut oil, ramping up over the course of two weeks up to 1-2 tablespoons (3x daily). When you are comfortable at this level, you may begin the detox
How to detox: First of all, you must use organic, raw extra virgin coconut oil (find it here )to make sure you are getting the best possible benefits from coconut oil.
- Take 2 tablespoons of raw organic coconut oil 3-7 times per day by mixing with warm water (your total daily intake should be around 10-14 tablespoons). Take in 2-3-hour intervals throughout the day for 3-7 days.
Always consult your physician before starting a detox program if you have a history of medical condition(s).
DETOX YOUR BODY DAILY
After you do your detox you will want to maintain your clean body, or if you feel the coconut oil detox is not right for you, here is another suggestion. It is actually very easy and inexpensive to cleanse your body of toxic substances by using dietary supplements in your diet such as Spirulina.
(you can find it here) It is known for its distinctive green color and strong odor. Spirulina is the most effective foods on the planet for removing heavy metals from the nervous system and liver. It has the most detoxifying effect on your body. In fact, NASA decided to include it in the astronaut’s diet!